Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

View through eyepiece different frame than resulting picture

ratfancy

St. Petersburg, US
11 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ratfancy Registered since 27th Dec 2013
Mon 27-Jan-14 02:35 AM

Bear with me - I'm new to photography! (D200) I find that as I peer through the eyepiece to frame my picture (a necklace is my subject), the resulting picture has more area in it than my eyepiece view. I thought the purpose of a DSLR was so what you see is what you get. What am I doing wrong and how can I see in advance what will actually be the scope of view? I am seeing the complete frame of the eyepiece view. I don't believe my LED display on the D200 can be used as a active view, such as on the D5300. BTW, my practice photos have been great and I'm having fun editing them in Photoshop Elements 12 from .nef format. Oh, and sometimes the D200 refuses to snap. I think it has to do with autofocus, so I switch it to manual when that happens. Thanks for any words of wisdom you may have for me!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: View through eyepiece different frame than resultin...

G