Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Melville D300 CLA

DigitalSpeed

Frederick, US
165 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DigitalSpeed Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 10th Mar 2004
Fri 10-Jan-14 04:04 PM

Question on anyone's experience having Nikon clean and adjust their D300. I have had mine since Nov 2007 and have never had an issue with it. I am going to the Daytona 500 and thought I should have the sensor cleaned and body checked out (CLA I guess it is called). I called Nikon and she stated $304 and 7-10 days. I used Melville years ago while my 70-200 was under warranty with great service but not since. Is this a reasonable cost? Doe anyone know of any Nikon service locations in the DC area? The Nikon site of course says it can only be serviced by Nikon and there are no authorized service centers. Thanks in advance.

"Do not take life too seriously; you will never get out of it alive."
Elbert Hubbard

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Melville D300 CLA