Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

When to do a CLA on a D200?

pqtrths

Roseville, CA, US
1017 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Sun 05-Jan-14 03:51 PM

I've had my D200 for five years with 20,000 shutter actions give or take. Is it time for a CLA? (In the past, I would bring the F3 in for a CLA every 5 years.)

Only problem I can see with the camera is that at times it "hunts" for the focus point (mostly with the MF macro) and maintaining the focus point once acquired. Estimated cost is $25 to have the camera shipped to Nikon for an estimate, typical cost was estimated between $225 to $275.

The person I spoke to at the camera store suggested I upgrade to a used D300 or D300S for about the same price as the CLA on the D200, and found several on the KEH site.

Mp

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: When to do a CLA on a D200?

G