Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 blinking err message after every shot

bryan kitsune

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bryan kitsune Registered since 28th Dec 2013
Sat 28-Dec-13 02:30 PM

As the subject says, my D200 (bought used from Adorama about 10 months ago) blinks Err with every exposure. If I press the shutter button again after this, there is a sound (I believe it's the shutter re-seating or something - I watched it - it's already closed, but it jiggles) Err goes away, and I can make another shot - after which I do the same thing for every exposure. So it's useable, so long as I don't want to do continuous shooting.

I had read of people with similar issue where the battery wasn't in great shape. I've only had the original Nikon battery, and it had the problem. So my wife bought me Wasabi batteries for Christmas, they seemed to have good reviews, but I've charged both, and they have the same Err.

I have reset everything to default, and just updated all the firmware as well, but it didn't help.

There is another problem that I just noticed last night that may, or may not be related. I never use flash. Well, last night I popped it up while trying different things to see if it would help. The flash is out of sync with the exposure. If I fire the flash (this is in Program mode, with full defaults, full-auto) the picture is underexposed. As in, it is not exposing when the flash is lit, but before or after.

Thanks for any suggestions. Of course, it's probably my luck that I bought a used camera and a few months later (I've had the Err issue for quite awhile) the shutter bites the dust.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 blinking err message after every shot

G