Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Philsheldon

UK
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Philsheldon Registered since 29th Aug 2013
Sun 08-Sep-13 01:04 PM

I recently bought a D200 on eBay for £100, thought it would be interesting to have a play with one and it would make a nice back up to my D7000. After playing with it for a couple of weeks I am finding that i much prefer it to the D7000, not just the 'feel' of the camera, but the images I am getting from it, they seem to have a really subtle softness to the colours, images from the D7000 just look much more harsh somehow. It maybe just my imagination or it may just be the fact that as it isn't as high res, it is a little more forgiving.....I dunno, but I do know that I am starting to use it more than the D7000. I am wondering about ditching the D7000 and changing to a D300s if that has the same characteristics in a newer body (the D200 I have is not in bad nic, but is starting to show its age!)

Thoughts?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Am I going mad?!