Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
s2sailorlis_nikon

US
738 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
s2sailorlis_nikon Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jun 2012
Thu 05-Sep-13 08:05 PM

Looking for some PoV on upgrades or sorts...

Currently I am happy with my glass selection so don't plan on any near term investments there. The glass I have - given my use cases are fine.

I shoot mostly landscape and wildlife (really birds....). The D50 is more of my grab and go camera..while the D200 is for shooting things I plan to print/frame/etc/special occasions, et al.

I sometimes end up in low light situations - cloudy days shooting birds, or in the high school auditorium...

So my needs are decent shots up to iso 1200-1600, fast autofocus for birding, and of course decent dynamic range.

My plan is to keep the D200, probably sell the D50 (maybe).

The current thoughts are:

refurb D300 or D300S
refurn d7000 or d7100

I really like the way the D200 feels in my hand and the features, but then again, the D7xxx image quality...

I am sure this has been beaten to death in the forum - but my thoughts are leaning toward the 7100. it seems that the additional features of the 300 and 300s (over and above the d200 i have now) is not worth it.

Any other considerations?

excuse typos..

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Upgrade time..