Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

MBD200 Acting Really Strange on my D200

snegron

Cape Coral, Florida, US
1698 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
snegron Silver Member Nikonian since 05th May 2007
Sun 14-Jul-13 12:27 PM

My MBD200 battery grip is acting strange on my D200. When I place two batteries in it, it randomly shows either both or only one battery when I open up the battery screen in the settings menu. If I shake the camera, the rear green ready light turns on (as if I had just installed a battery); also randomly shows a light meter display on the top LCD. When I turn the D200 on, everything appears to be working per the top LCD, but the rear menu buttons don't work. I have to either shake or squeeze the camera to get it to work properly. Also, a dark line momentarily appears on the rear LCD toward the bottom before the rest of the info displays.

I cleaned the contacts of all three batteries as well as the contacts in the D200 body (also cleaned the contacts inside and outside the MBD200), still acts goofy. I think this has something to do with the battery pack as there don't seem to be any problems when I insert a single battery in the camera body.

Also, when I'm able to pull up battery info on the rear screen it tells me that the batteries are still in new condition.

For the past 4 or 5 moths I have been using the D200 without the MBD200 for a studio project. This issue with the battery pack started yesterday when I installed the battery pack onto the D200 for the first time in over 4 or 5 months.

Is it time to replace my MBD200 or D200, or is there any easy fix to this?

p.s. The batteries snap in very well and the door closes well on the MBD200.

G