Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which Nikon has the best AF for movers?

Shy Talk

Port Glasgow, UK
653 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Shy Talk Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jun 2010
Thu 20-Jun-13 10:46 AM

Hi Folks

I bought into Nikon for the Autofocus. Nothing else.

My first body was a D300s which is still my main camera.

There are more up to date versions of CAM3500 fitted in the D800 and 7100 that are alleged to work at f8 which sounds like a great improvement, but I read a post by a fellow Nikonian which states that the 7100 only uses the centre focus point at these less bright apertures.

Now, that's not really such an improvement.

I'm not complaining about my 300s, it does jolly well all things considered, but AF is one of those things that can only improve as technology marches forward.

Any AF system will work for static subjects (even my old Oly E-3s) but have Nikon actually improved on the D300s AF system (for movers) or not?

Is there a DX body with better AF for movers?

my webpage is at http://www.scottishops.co.uk

my Nikonians gallery is here. https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/330319

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which Nikon has the best AF for movers?

G