Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

When to send, my friends?

4yanx

Bay Area, US
415 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
4yanx Registered since 20th Jan 2006
Tue 07-Feb-06 03:32 PM

I am very lucky to have bought TWO D200's with no banding whatsoever (at least that I have been able to determine through all the accepted testing methods). I bought a third one for my father though and, wouldn't you just know it, banding. So, I have given him one of mine so he doesn't have to screw around with it. At 80, he has better ways to spend his time. Now, this may have been asked a couple hundred times, but how long are you afflicted folks waiting to send your body to Nikon. Yesterday? Today? When the hub bub dies down a bit? Or, only after you've heard that the best possible solution to the issue has been determined? Please do not split hairs over the term "best possible solution" but maybe just say the best solution developed in the next six months? As long as it isn't effecting normal photos (which this isn't - this is a GREAT camera), I'm not seeing a need to rush, but I'm wondering if one waits too long if Nikon will see it as a tacit acceptance of present condition and refuse to fix later.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: When to send, my friends?

G