Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 and burst mode

polo99

Kenilworth, UK
645 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
polo99 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Dec 2007
Mon 03-Jun-13 11:49 AM

Wonder if I could get some of your expert opinions on this?

I do quite a lot of amateur sport (kids stuff mainly but not exclusively) - football in the winter and cricket in the summer. I use the MD10 on my D300 and have always noticed the variability in the fps I get in burst mode. Now I understand this in football when the light is poorer and the action is faster moving but I see it with cricket in decent light as well.

I have both a general question and a specific one. The former is to ask what the variables are that influence the burst rate achieved in real-world usage (I'm guessing that AF is involved heavily) and what I can do to maximise what I get.

The specific questions is whether the length of time I hold the focus before pressing the shutter can influence this. I feel that with cricket, if I hold the focus in the batsman for several seconds it adversely effects the burst rate achieved. Could this be possible?

It doesn't actually bother me that much, but I am interested in understanding what goes on inside...

Cheers

Paul

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 and burst mode