Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

NPS equipment list and the D400... what do you think?

BrianNK

US
36 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BrianNK Registered since 25th Feb 2013
Mon 25-Feb-13 08:04 PM

I haven't looked at the NPS equipment list in a while... but i was shocked to see the D600 on the list.

IMHO, the D600 is an 'entry-level' FX camera. I always took the NPS equipment list as Nikon's idea of what pro's need (or what Nikon thinks they need).

The D7000 only makes the list as a backup body. But isn't the D600 basically a D7000 with an FX sensor? I've been told the D7100 won't be on the NPS list (much like the D7000 it can be a backup body) even though it will have better build quality then the D7000 (full weather sealing,slightly larger grip.. etc).

Seeing that the D300s is the newest DX body on the list, does that give you hope for the D400? Or does that make you think Nikon has given up on DX for NPS qualifying equipment?

Personally, I'm not sure what to think.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: NPS equipment list and the D400... what do you thin...

G