Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Strange D300 Memory card behavior

rjo

Woodstock, US
69 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rjo Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Apr 2008
Fri 09-Nov-12 12:49 AM

Hi All;
I've been hanging around in the woodwork for a few years here, and appreciate all the wisdom that is shared. Last night I ran into an issue that sent my client into a fit, and I've never seen this happen before.

I was shooting with my secondary D300, which I haven't used that much, having owned it for four years. (My primary D300 took a swim in a creek a couple weeks ago, but that's a story for another time). Anyway, I switched lenses several times, and when the client goes to change outfits, I always spot check what I've done so far.

I looked at the lcd on top of the camera, and it said I had shot 112 or so photos; but when I reviewed them, it only showed 29. I thought we'd lost like 80 shots, and since it was a new CF Card, I suspected it might be bad. I switched cards and told the client, which made her extremely unhappy, so we reshot about 25 of the first outfit in the time we had left.

Tonight I started to dump the photos from the cards, and found the missing photos in another folder. Somewhere mid-shoot, the camera decided to create a new folder. Anyone ever see this happen before, and is there a way to prevent it?

Thanks in advance for you help.

RJO

Nikon nut since 1968.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G