Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
flag25

Nanaimo, CA
57 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
flag25 Registered since 31st Jan 2008
Tue 16-Oct-12 08:01 PM

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'll give it a shot. I usually get out for a couple of hours of shooting with a couple of hours of driving and hiking. Take some shots, feel great in the great outdoors and head home. On a full day out, I may shoot 20-30 shots or quite a few more if shooting HDR or Panos. I typically have a 4GB card in my D300 and rarely if ever fill it. The one time I shot a wedding (family and won't do it again), I shot an 8GB, 3 4GB, and a 2GB (cos the photographer hired by the family got drunk). Other than that I never fill up cards. Am I unusual or is this typical of anyone elses shooting. I can see the need for large capacity cards for video but not for stills.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Memory Cards

G