Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What is D300 actuation count rating? my camera show: 62,677 is that a high number?

somhompho

Madison, US
215 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
somhompho Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009
Fri 05-Oct-12 10:04 PM

I got my D300 in June 2008, and had been actively using it since. Gone around the world few time with it. Needless to say, it got bang up and dropped few times. So I was curious how many time it had been click.
Well, according to Photoshop CS5 & info on my latest NEF look like I have 62,677 clicks. I know is must be getting up there, but is this high number? Is there a Nikon published actuation count rating for the camera? I look in the Manual, But can't find it on the 'Spec' page?

I found on Terry White's blog few days ago on how to find actuation count using Photoshop only- no need to install other exif reader.

(some reader here might already know this)
On PS CSX here how to do i:
- Open Raw file -(I open my latest NEF backup file - not converted DNG, but should the same)
- Go to: File> File Info > Schema under this tap there is Aux:ImageNumber:...

Som
www.HomphoPhotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G