Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ColColt

Knoxville, US
1697 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ColColt Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Aug 2008
Sun 02-Sep-12 10:59 PM | edited Sun 02-Sep-12 11:41 PM by ColColt

Something's went haywire with my D200 just a couple weeks back after my dog had his 8th birthday and I took quite a few pics. They've always appeared as _DEFxxxx.NEF for thousands of pictures and the last one in that series was _DEF4545.NEF.

Just some days ago I was taking a few shots of a bullet mold to show someone and noticed all that had changed to _POR0001.NEF, etc. I didn't change any in camera setting. Why did it go to POR instead of DEF? The file number designation sequence just went wild.

I checked the Shooting menu in camera and it's changed there unbeknownst to me and has switched to the _POR1234 mentioned. I didn't do that. If I change back to what it's always been (_DEFxxxx) I'm afraid it will start all over again and will foul everything up. I would just like to start where the last correct one ended, i.e., _DEF4545.NEF as the next one shot should be_DEF4546-not _PORxxxx.

My goal in life is to be the person my dog already thinks I am.

Children are for people who can't have dogs. ~Author Unknown

G