Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Love at first grip!

hijazist

Houston, US
398 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hijazist Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jul 2012
Fri 17-Aug-12 07:49 AM

Hello everyone! I finally received my D300 coming from a D90 preceded by a D3000 and I am simply in love and amazement by the ergonomics and build quality of this beast. Before even beginning to shoot I knew there is no going back to another smaller model. I was on the verge of opting for the D7000 but changed my mind in the last moment when I realized that ISO in my style of shooting rarely exceeds 800 so that leaves the D7000 way behind in my opinion. I followed the advice of more experienced photographers and I don't regret it. I think that experts, when giving advice for beginners like me, should always emphasize the significance of ergonomics and build quality more often rather than focusing on technical information that could only be a marketing hype.

I have a question though. I bought the camera used from ebay with 3500 clicks but when testing my camera I noticed one blue dot in the same place (not pixelated) when shooting at any ISO in addition to another 3-4 greenish dots when at high ISO. Are these dead, hot or stuck pixels? Bearing in mind that I paid a good price for a like new camera ($625) would you recommend returning it for a refund and buying another one or should I just live with it?

Thank you for the help!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Love at first grip!