Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Refurbished [ or new] D200 or D300

Superocean

Hamden, US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Superocean Registered since 03rd Aug 2012
Mon 06-Aug-12 06:08 PM

Hello I am new here. For many years I have been using a point and shoot but want to get back to recapturing the enjoyment I had in my younger days with a Canon FTB and SLR Nikons.
I don't have unlimited funds but around 1,300 is my limit. I have looked at Canons .
Yet the fun I had with the SLRS in my past was figuring out the settings . I am afraid if I get a camera with picture icons of scenes/settings I will get lazy and just use them.
I have been researching like crazy on the internet and trying to decide if it would be smart to buy an older model like a D200 or a D300 thus getting a pro/prosumer camera for the same price as a more beginner camera with the icons. I cannot afford a more expensive camera like the D700.
So long story short. My choice is brand new and latest camera or older more pro camera. I am also not interested in using it for video.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G