Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Stuck in Flash Mode Select

noneco

Vancouver, CA
312 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
noneco Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 12th May 2009
Sun 24-Jun-12 01:15 AM

I’m off to the Nikon Repair Depot next week with my D300 – it is stuck in “Flash Mode Select”. When I turn on the camera it immediately enters the Flash Mode Select function and nothing I can do will cancel it - on-off, pull the battery, press every button. The camera will take pictures but goes immediately back into the Flash Mode Select function as if I had pressed the Flash Mode Button. What makes this even odder is that I have never used any flash functions. Stuck button? Dirt in the contacts?

I only posted this to see if there is any history of this, or something like it, or does my life continue to be annoyingly unique. When I get it back I’ll post the diagnosis. Oh, off warrantee of course.

I was hoping to move to an fx body in the near future (dreaming of a D800E) and using my D300 as a "trusty" back-up body.

Cal

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Stuck in Flash Mode Select
Reply message RE: Stuck in Flash Mode Select - fixed