Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dirty sensor on a D200

pqtrths

Roseville, CA, US
1008 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Sat 26-May-12 04:08 PM

I am religious about doing my best to keep the D200's sensor dust free. When I'm changing lenses: prepare the replacement lens to reduce changing time; remove camera/lens from tripod; point camera/lens downward; remove lens; attcah lens; remote camera/lens. If windy or windy in a dry dusty area, stand with my back to the wind before staring the process. At the end of the day, I clean all lenses, lens caps, and the body cap.

And the sensor still gets dirty. The D200's sensor has been professionally cleaned once already; the tech showed me how to clean the sensor; and I bought the sensor cleaning kit, which I will be using for the first time.

I can easily fix the spots in Photoshop. But being the OCD poster boy, I'm becoming pretty obsessed about this.

What do you do to keep the sensor clean?

Mp

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dirty sensor on a D200

G