Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300s locks up during filming

omartin

Slemmestad, NO
23 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
omartin Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2009
Thu 26-Apr-12 12:11 PM

Hi, I have experienced two problems when filming with my D300s.
First problem has occured a few times, including the day before the next problem. I am using two memory cards, SD card is 16Gb class 4.
When I select target in movie settings, SD slot reports lots of space, but when i attempt filming card is full!
Movie setting still reports plenty of space free.
I always format card when images are transferred.
To solve the problem I must save on the CF card instead, which is much smaller. I suspect the card is corrupt somehow, is ok after reformatting.

The other problem was much more serious: during filming (to the CF slot) the camera suddenly stops filming, and the recording is not saved.
The camera is locked, and the shutter display only shows "Err".
The mirror is locked up.
Even if I switch the camera on/off it doesn't help.
I don't quite remember how, but finally the mirror returned and the camera seems ok again. I had been fiddling in the menu, switched it on and off, removed lens and battery grip.

I had only made a couple of short recordings before the incident, so it shouldn't have overheated. I took many long recordings a few days earlier.
I had an original battery grip with both batteries at around 50%, but should be plenty of power left.

Has someone else experienced this?? It is very serious if I no longer can trust the camera.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300s locks up during filming