Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ashleystubbs

US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ashleystubbs Registered since 23rd Apr 2012
Mon 23-Apr-12 01:27 PM

Hi all,

I just found this site last night and stayed up way too late searching and reading . I am looking for some advice about color. I used to shoot with a d70 and when I switched to the d200, I've always noticed a strange color for skin tones. It seems like everything has either a weird peachy color, or I see cyan/green in the shadows. Also, they just look dull. I have been shooting in normal mode and developing RAW images in ACR. I downloaded a trial of Nikon Capture NX2 last night and have been playing around with the camera settings in there. I still seem to get too much cyan in the skin tones- dull. Can someone share with me their workflow when developing raw images. I seem to always have the same problem. Even when I used to use a gray card, I just never seemed to get it right. I had been shooting in Normal mode for the optimize image selection. I am seeing that most people shoot in Mode 1, 11, or 111? Is this correct?

Thanks,

Ashley

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: d200 color