Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need some Advice: Outdoor, Setting Sun, Big Aircraft, and Multiple Flashes

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
Trinurse

Torrington, US
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Trinurse Registered since 22nd Oct 2008
Wed 18-Apr-12 05:50 PM

I want to try something a different.
I'm a Combat Rescue Medic (part time AF Reserves) and would like to try a shot(s) of one of our HC-130 rescue aircraft against the setting sun of the Florida coastline.
My plan: I've borrowed 4 SB-600's from Public Affairs and would set them up on the ground to illuminate the first third of the aircraft with the setting sun just above and behind (or even through) the cockpit.
I'm going to head out about an hour early to set things up and anticipate exposure but I'm not sure how to set up the four SB-900s.
Possibly use my SB-600 as the master and the SB-900s as remote slaves.

I think I'll use ISO 200 with in Aperture priority set at f18 or so to get it all in focus but how do I increase flash output evenly from all the flashes if I nned more light?

What would all recommend? Thanks.

I have the strobes through Friday night so I have a couple of chances.
Thanks,
John

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need some Advice: Outdoor, Setting Sun, Big Aircraf...

G