Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Sports settings for D300?

PennsyBill

Diamond Bar, US
164 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PennsyBill Registered since 25th Dec 2008
Fri 06-Apr-12 08:20 PM

There's a lull in the soccer season and during the interim between now and the tournanment season I want to do what I can to improve my keeper rate.

Since I've gone to, except for a couple for fields where I still use Aperture-Priority metering, almost 100% manual. I'm much happier with my out of camera results and usually only need a very modest amount of editing.

However, I'm still not happy with my keeper-rate with respect to focus. The articles I read are all over the place with "the best way to shoot" and I thought I'd solicit information on how you set up focus options for various sports and if started with something else but changed later - especially for soccer and track.

The 3 options being ---

(1) AF-C PRIORITY - do you use (a) Release, (b) Release + Focus, or (c) Focus.

(2) FOCUS TRACKING WITH LOCK-ON - (a) Long, (b) Normal, (c) Short and (d) Off.

(3) AUTO FOCUS AREA MODE - (a) SINGLE-point, (b) 9-point, (c) 21-point. (d) 51-point?

plus of course MANUAL FOCUS.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G