Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 Lockup and "err"

ZoneV

US
3564 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005
Sat 29-Oct-11 04:59 PM | edited Sat 29-Oct-11 05:01 PM by ZoneV

I was shooting in fairly cold weather (35 F) this morning, and after a few frames, the D200 locked up when I tried to take a shot. The viewfinder went black (I guess the mirror didn't come back down) and the top LCD displayed "err". Hitting the shutter release again reset it, but then it happened several more times. I was able to take a few pictures, and they came out ok, but no image was recorded in these lockup instances. In fact, only in one case of lockup was there a file created at all, and it is unreadable.

I called up a repair technician, and he told me once the camera warms up, to turn it on, and then remove the battery (in my case, unscrew the MB-D200) while the camera is on. This resets the charging system. Of course, if the issue comes back again, it will need to be looked at.

Anyone ever have this issue? What was the outcome?

Nikon user since 2000

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D200 Lockup and "err"

G