Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need to change out D200 what to do?

photographerdave

North Florida, US
201 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
photographerdave Registered since 23rd Dec 2005
Wed 17-Aug-11 03:36 AM

I recently did an indoor wedding and the difference between the D300s and the D200 was huge. The extra dynamic range on the D300s made a huge difference reducing the effect of light falloff on the background for the formals. Anyway I think a change is in order. I have 2 D300s and am thinking about getting a D7000 to replace the D200. Ken Rockwell had a review and I have never seen him so impressed with a camera. His opinion is that a D7000 is much better with the exception of the lack of dedicated buttons. He says focus is actually better than his D3. Anyway with the possibility of new stuff coming up soon do I keep waiting or do I go with what is likely more camera than I have and save the money because even if they do announce a D400 it will certainly push 2000.00 (In my opinion) The D7000 would likely stay attached to my 70-200 2.8 vr2 so I expect the images would be stunning. Anyway thought are appreciated.

Thanks

David

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need to change out D200 what to do?

G