Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

shooting junior soccer and baseball?

d200man

Vancouver, US
42 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
d200man Registered since 06th Feb 2011
Thu 24-Feb-11 03:55 AM | edited Thu 24-Feb-11 03:58 AM by d200man

I have done some research on the internet, incoulding this forum; but most of the infornation relates to the faster 2.8 lenses. With my present budget I have obtained an Nikror AF 70-210mm 1:4-5.6D lens. From what I have found; the auto focus is fast on this lens and should work will when shooting sports. I this true? My concern is the lower than 2.8 lens speed. I an new to digital and sports shooting.
Through my research, I am getting alot of info framing shoots and how to fade out the background. What I hope to obtain from the forum members is information regarding the use of this lens and suggestions as to shutter speed and aperture settings. With this lens, I feel that I am going to stick to daylight shooting. I do have two other lens types: Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D and Nikkor AF 28-80mm 3.3-5.6G. I will be using an Nikon D200 camera.

Thank you for your help, Bob

G