Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wireless remote shutter release for Nikon D200

daveswan

US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
daveswan Registered since 19th Jan 2009
Sat 08-Jan-11 04:51 PM

I recently bought a Pearstone wireless remote shutter release kit from B&H (transmitter and receiver). Price was about $39. Worked fine in available light and with Nikon flash gear. In my home studio, I got good results tripping the shutter with the Pearstone receiver, but not with the Pearstone transmitter. I'm using Calumet Genesis 200 strobes. The Calumet transmitter is mounted in my hot shoe. Because the Pearstone receiver also is designed for mounting in a hot shoe, I "velcroed" it to my tripod. Pearstone says its "smart code" enables 16,000,000 possible radio channels. I do have a tv, computer and two printers in the studio and wonder if the electrical signals are causing the problem. Thoughts?

I'll probably return the Pearstone to B&H (and hopefully edit my testimonial, which gave it high praise). My budget is $75 max. I'm considering the Satechi WR-B100 (available for $49.99 from the company or Amazon. I can't justify the cost of Pocket Wizards. Mainly grandkids.

Any suggestions, thoughts, comments welcome. Thanks much.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G