Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 CF Card Ejector Button

sulkyrob

Doreen, AU
668 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
sulkyrob Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Jan 2007
Wed 07-Jul-10 07:30 AM | edited Thu 08-Jul-10 03:47 AM by sulkyrob

My D300 CF Card Ejector has lost its little grey button. I can still get the CF cards out by carefully pushing the metal pin but would much prefer to get another button if possible.

My friendly Nikon Australia Service Centre tells me that Nikon don't carry this as a spare part. I don't believe I am the first person to need one - so is there anyone out there who has had the same problem and what was their solution please?

I thought that I had read on the Forum of such an issue some time ago but I've done a Nikoscope Search without success.

Added the next day - it obviously depends on who you talk to at Nikon. After failing with the Service Centre people, I got onto the Spare Parts people and they were happy to inform that there is such a spare part - VBA20001-1K201-481 for anyone who is interested. Unfortunately they are out of stock in Australia and as I'm leaving for Alaska in the next few days will try to get one from Nikon USA. Hopefully a happy ending!!!

Rob Wyatt
A Nikonian from Ballarat, Australia

D300, Nikon 17-55, Nikon 70-200, and Nikon 200-400, SB600

My Website My Nikonians Gallery

G