Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Camera won't Fire 1 out of 5 times

TrumanPhotoArt

San Diego, US
86 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TrumanPhotoArt Registered since 25th Nov 2009
Mon 04-Jan-10 06:27 AM

I have been having this problem from time to time, for no apperant reasom I go to shoot a photo, push down on the shutter button and NOTHING??? I refocus and still nothing, then fustrasion set in and I put it back up to my eye and it fires...

Scenario below;

I can't remember what the settings were other times aside from the fact that it has always been in Low light situations, but it happened again tonight..
I was at my daughters house and the lights were low, brother and his wife standing in front of a full lit tree, SB800 set om TTL, new battery's in it, D300 was on "P", ISO 800, WB "A", set on Raw, and had shot in the same room at lease 40 times before..It happened a few more times after that, most of the time it would fire, then it wouldn't one out of 5.
I took the camera over to the light and looked at all the configuation on it, everything looked great and the Histagram on the photos just before & after this problem looked perfect... I told my wife about it again and she remarked it has happened to her before on her D90, I always have brushed it off, only because she uses the Auto setting.
I think it was Me at fault, something I didn't either know or just over looked on the settings, so I thought I'd run it by your guys to see what I may be over looking... Any Answers?
TOM

Tom from www.TrumanPhotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Camera won't Fire 1 out of 5 times
Reply message Driving Me Crazy
Reply message RE: Driving Me Crazy
     Reply message RE: Driving Me Crazy