Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

lens help for an new D200 owner

halibutking

Los Angeles, US
63 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
halibutking Registered since 02nd Nov 2005
Wed 02-Nov-05 11:49 PM

I also just ordered a d200 from berger bros from Lisa (thanks for the tip) Lisa was great. I am a new DSLR and Nikon owner and will be buying lenses to live with the body. My thoughts are the lenses are less of a depriciating asset than the camera so I am budgeting to spend a little more hoping to keep the lenses for a long time. I am planning on a SB 800 and to start 3 lenses in the 500 - 1600 dollar range. 4G card + card reader. Any thoughts on the lenses as this is where Im a little stuck. The VR feature seems like a benefit but the lenses arent as fast. I was thinking...

the 10.5 mm fisheye (I've never used a dslr fisheye lense - sounds like fun...)
17-55 f/2.8 dx (somewhat limited but a good lense)
70-200 f/2.8 VR ( I would think this is a good lense, but have no experience w/it)
the new 18-200 VR (very versatile, any thoughts?)

any other suggestions would be appreciated. I'll be shoting nature, sports, pretty much anything and everything.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: lens help for an new D200 owner