Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 & Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8

5683RAM

DUNCANNON, US
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
5683RAM Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2007
Sat 19-Dec-09 11:37 AM

I purchased a Sigma 120-300mm, f/2.8 lens in June of 2008. The auto-focus motor has been replaced six times since then (18 months). Generally it lasts less than ten minutes of focusing, but it does work when I receive it back for a little while.

Under warranty, Sigma has replaced the lens once and the auto-focus motor the other times. This has been done with no questions asked, but no explanation given.

I have two Nikon D200 bodies that I have used this lens on, both giving the same results. My other Nikon & Sigma lenses work great on both bodies.

When I sent the lens back yesterday, I included one of these bodies, as requested by Sigma’s general Manager, Mark Amirhamzeh.

What experiences have other photographers had with this lens or lens/D200 combination? Does anyone have any explanation or suggestion?

Thank you, Dick

G