Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question: Which Backup Camera Would You Choose for the

kuryliwa

Brandon, CA
57 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kuryliwa Basic Member
Wed 02-Nov-05 04:50 PM

Hi Group:

I am really looking forward to the D200. Wow, aren't many of us! But here is a question I'm struggling with...I have both a D100 and D70. I have needed 2 cameras for the wedding gigs I do a few times a year. I will need to sell either my D100 or D70 to help finance the D200. Which one should I keep? I really can't decide.

Both are equally used (each under 10,000 shutter shots) and in perfect working condition. The D100 feels better to me, has a better build, is likely tougher and might last longer. The D70 has a better flash system (iTTL 1/500 etc.) and some nicer features. I haven't needed the D100 vertical grip or MLU. I expect that either the D100 or D70 would garner about the same dollars if sold (tell me if you think I'm off-base on this).

Which camera would you people keep as a backup to the D200?

G