Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"Reverse Center-Spot"...

mcsharley

Tacoma, US
103 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mcsharley Registered since 19th Feb 2008
Sat 09-May-09 06:46 PM

I posted this over on the “Filters” forum, but I doubt it gets as much traffic as here. And since I shoot with a D300 (as well as a 200, and I have a 100 kickin’ around here somewhere…), I figured maybe I could get away with re-posting here.

Does anyone manufacture a “reverse center-spot” graduated neutral-density filter? I’ve never actually heard of one, but I need something to dodge the moon on moonlit landscape shots. Would need to be rectangular, so the “spot” could be placed anywhere in the frame, as required. Would also need to be at least 5-stops, and/or have the ability to be “stacked”.

If no one makes one, is there a way to “do-it-yourself”? That would seem ideal, sine it would allow filters with “spots” of varying size.

Thanks in advance --Mark--

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: "Reverse Center-Spot"...

G