Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

*Cry* I think my D200 just broke

intercede007

Fort Walton Beach, US
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
intercede007 Registered since 06th Feb 2007
Wed 15-Apr-09 09:03 PM

And just in time to leave for Road Atlanta for the Ferrari Challenge too.

I went to one of the Tea Parties here to take pictures. I was shooting around the park waiting for the crowd, when I heard a wierd crunch after taking a shot with my 70-200 2.8 VR. My heart sank a bit, and I panicked and thought it was the lens. I looked through the viewfinder and everything was dark, and the camera hunts for focus.

I swapped lenses, and both my Sigma 18-50 2.8 and my 50 1.8 do the same thing. I have the MB-D200 battery grip, and I swapped the two fully charged batteries with two more fully charged batteries. Same thing. I shut down the camera, removed the batteries, powered it back on and did the settings reset - same thing.

Once in a while, the viewfinder will brighten up and I'll get 4 or 5 more pictures out of it, then back to the problem. There is no error being displayed on the viewfinder, just the r25 when it's trying to focus. If I take the lens off and look through the viewfinder, everything is bright. It's like the camera isn't opening the aperture.

Any idea what it is? I've had this D200 for quite some time, I haven't had any issue with it and is probably the most dear inanimate object I own. The last picture I got off of the camera has a release count of 20,830.

Any D200 owners out there have anything similar happen? I'm not wealthy by any means; the D200 and the lenses were all a long time in savings and quite a bit of sacrifice, so this isn't something I'm taking lightly. I can go to the BestBuy page and get a D200 body for $599. Anyone think the repair will be more then that?

Thanks for the advice!
Jon

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: *Cry* I think my D200 just broke