Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

18-70 vs 18-200 AF Speed

zzini148

buffalo, US
30 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zzini148 Registered since 06th Nov 2005
Sat 21-Jan-06 01:26 PM

both these lenses are Af-S lenses, has anyone had the oppurtunity to use both on the D200 and let us know if the Af speed is relatively the same or noticeably slower on one or the other? dont worry about other factors such as turning the zoom barrel etc, assume one focal lenth has been picked. not loooking for a scientific test chart type of thing here, our local camera store actually has a D200 with a 18-200 kit but i have to justify the extra cash, i used the 24-85 AF-S with flash for closer up indoor basketball under the net shots with film and the F100 and with the now sold D70 and was planning on buying the D200 with or without the 18-70 whichever opportunity presented itself first but now i have this chance. thanks

G