Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"Light" dot in center of viewfinder on Nikon D300...?

BeresD

AU
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BeresD Registered since 19th May 2008
Thu 08-Jan-09 06:45 AM | edited Thu 08-Jan-09 06:47 AM by BeresD

Hi there,

I wanted to ask a question about the D300; ever since July, about a month after I got my D300, I have noticed a "light" circle almost dead center of the the view when I look through the viewfinder. I have never been sure whether it was something on the mirror or something, or part of the focussing screen. I took my D300 into a shop in the city to ask them about it, and the guy told me it was indeed part of the focussing screen... but I still have my doubts.

The "dot" in question appears right in the center of the view, it has about the diameter of approximately the height of a focus point, and has the appearance of a transparent white dot

Is it meant to be there, or is the guy at the store wrong?

Edit: Just to clarify, it doesn't appear in any of the photos, so it's nothing to do with the sensor, also it occurs on all 3 of my lenses

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: "Light" dot in center of viewfinder on Nikon D300.....

G