Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Would you replace your D300 LCD Glass with crystal??

lovemy8514

Columbia, US
2419 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
lovemy8514 Registered since 05th Oct 2007
Sun 19-Oct-08 05:52 PM

If a replacement LCD glass cover was available for the D300 that was both harder (Like the D3), and less prone to glare, would you replace yours?

Just wondering if there is a market for something like this....

My first D300 had some streaks on the underside of the glass. I exchanged that one, and the second body didn't have the streaks/fog, but did have a lot more dust.

That got me thinking about purchasing replacement glass so that I could take off the original, clean everything in a dust-free environment, then install the new one. I'm sure I could send mine off to Nikon, but I don't want to be without my camera.

Replacing the original glass with an improved version would make the prospect of doing it myself even more appealing!

I'm wondering if I could simply replace the factory glass with one of the Giottos Schott glass protectors. The dimensions are the same.... I may have to experiment and post the results!

J a m e s
My Gallery

Using his camera as a pen, it is the photographer's job to tell a story: Each page authored in frozen moments of time.

All of my work is dedicated to my father, Terry Lee Geib (1943-2009)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Would you replace your D300 LCD Glass with crystal?...
     Reply message I Believe You Are Incorrect James
          Reply message RE: I Believe You Are Incorrect James

G