Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Sigma 50-150 2.8 and D300

_udo_

Rockwood, CA
200 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
_udo_ Registered since 18th Oct 2007
Thu 17-Jul-08 05:00 AM

For those new to the Sigma 20-150 2.8 lens on the D300 body: Watch out for a focus lock non-compatibility.

I am quite satisfied with the Sigma lens. However, during a recent shooting vacation I noted after a few days that the “focus lock” feature on the D300 does not work with the Sigma lens.

My standard shooting approach was to have the focus area locked in the centre position, focus on the area of interest, lock focus with the AE-L/AF-L button (set to lock AF only), and then re-frame the picture. With the Sigma 50-150 f2.8 on the camera, the lens re-focuses after re-framing. (The focus locks OK using my Tamron 17-50 1:2.8)

I changed my routine by unlocking the focus area selector, and moving the focus area in the view finder with the image framed ready for capture.

Udo
My Galleries

G