Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"True" cost of the MB-D10

TXCiclista

Fort Worth, US
1791 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TXCiclista Registered since 15th May 2006
Sat 12-Jul-08 08:07 PM

The pricetag on the MB-D10 is a bit of a shocker (especially since the last grip was the MB-D200 at $150). I'm also getting the sense that there's a lot of "supplemental" cost for batteries and the like.

(1) I have 2 EN-EL3e's. Assuming I bought nothing else but the MB-D10 (and I mean NOTHING ), what advantages would that give me?

(2) Is my sense that my 2 EL3e's + the MB-D10 means I'd be missing out on functionality? What would be the cost to do it "right." (e.g. "If you buy the EL4, you get xxx, but you would also need to buy an EL4 charger which costs yyy")

Thanks for the input. No hurry to answer since the MB-D10 is likely not going to be a reality until Christmas time (assuming I don't get the GPS that mounts in the hot shoe and ties into the 10-pin terminal). I loved the MB-D200 (until the clips broke) if for no other reason than the vertical positioning, so I defintely foresee the MB-D10 in the future.

PS Are there 3rd-party options perhaps? 8fps is not critical to me, so I'm mainly interested in the vertical positioning.

-----
This is my Nikon. There are many like it, but this one is mine!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: "True" cost of the MB-D10