Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 exposure request to test noise

geeosh

Toronto, CA
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
geeosh Registered since 28th Nov 2005
Tue 10-Jan-06 01:16 PM

I was hoping someone with one of those brand new fancy D200's could help me out. I am not able to get my hot little hands on one to test it out, but am interested in what the noise on long exposure looks like (to compare to a D70s).

Basically, all I need someone to do, is keep the lens cap on, turn OFF long exposure noise reduction, put it on bulb, and do a 5 minute exposure. I'm just interested in how much inherent noise there will be on the sensor for doing night shots.

I'd be extremely giddy and eternally grateful if anyone was interested in doing this little experiment for me. If you're keen, then please email the file to me (I can accept large attachments - NEF or large JPG ok) to: josh AT thedesignsite DOT com

Muchos gracias!
Josh

G