Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D300, having a terrible experience so far :(

Zonkky

SA
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Zonkky Registered since 13th Apr 2008
Sat 26-Apr-08 06:09 PM

Hi all,

I just upgraded from a D80 and have had a D40 before that. Wonderful cameras and have taken thousands of great shots with them. You can imagine how exited I was when I could finally afford the D300 and it had finally arrived from Amazon.

Well it has been a disastrous first two hours, the pictures themselves are unbelievable and the camera is great great great EXCEPT for the horrible fact that the viewfinder is useless. The picture through it is fuzzy and unclear. so much so that it renders manual focusing an impossibility. I also can not read the status indicators through the view finder so that might mean that the problem is with the viewfinders glass? Or am I missing something completely obvious here?

Please help, I do not want to send it back tomorrow

G