Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D 200 compared to D2x

ceo1939

Tucson, US
41 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ceo1939 Registered since 19th Nov 2003
Wed 04-Jan-06 11:29 PM

I have had the D200 for a 10 days. I also have a D2x which I have been contemplating selling and purchasing a second D 200. I am not a pro but I do all types of photography. For the past 3 days I have been shooting birds in flight at the desert Museum in Tucson Az. I do find the D200 does not track and lock in focus birds in flight as well as the D2x. I get a higher percent of keepers with the D2x. Last week I was shooting butterflys in an enclosed structure. I had about the same percent of keepers as I would get with the
D2x. I am going out to shoot hummingbirds tomarrow.
My initial reaction is that for my type of photography the D 200 would do just as good a job as the D2x with the exception of focus tracking fast moving objects.
The only other issue is the battery. The D2x goes on and on. I have never had to change a battery during the day with the D2x. I do not look at this as a disadvanted to the D200. I just think the D200 will require 1 or 2 extra batterys.
I would be interested in hearing from others that have been thinking of selling a D2x and going with a couple D 200's

Clark

G