Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
1Mrki

AU
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
1Mrki Registered since 20th Feb 2008
Sun 24-Feb-08 01:56 PM

Hi,

I am an absolute novice, but have been quite keen for some time to try a DSLR. After months and months of research i decided to take the plunge and invest in a D300 with a 18-200 nikkor Dx lens.

My passion is landscapes and asian architecture, which i have been blessed with here in Japan. To cut a long story short I set out with my D300 switch to Programmed Auto, Iso auto with base set at 200, Active D lighting set to normal. The photo's i came away with where really poor. The camera seemed to either under expose, over expose, or both at the same time. There also is a lack of detail.

Basically I am not sure if i have just a very poorly set up camera due to my lack of knowledge, or have bought a dud which needs to be taken back for repairs.

Can someone help? at my wits end

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 Poor Images

G