Well now that we know all the specs of this new camera that’s bound to be one of the legends in Nikons line up we are stuck with the wait for shipments. I am not sure how many of you are actually going to drop the plastic on the first batch or wait it out to see what others have to say.
I jumped on the bandwagon last week by getting on the waiting list (still vary short) at my all time favorite pro shop of choice, Photo Tech foto Source that is located on the west coast of Canada. For anyone that is wanting or willing to buy a camera from/in Canada I can definitely vouch for these guys. There service rocks, their prices are as competitive as any camera store can be and they are also huge Nikonian fans. What more could one ask for in a store?
Ok, back to the topic. How many of you are actually for sure going to pick a D200 up as soon as it is available? I am somewhat curious what the actual demand will be for this camera.
In the past it seems like just because there is lots of chatter on the forums dose not mean that all those people are actually serious about buying.
So, are yea in or out n actually picking one up ASAP?
First time I've pre-ordered any product. Nikon really hit a grand-slam with this body. The specs are just amazing!
I'm also SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I dumped my D2H a couple of months ago. Those 'pigs' will be selling for sub $1200 now. I just didn't like the big heavy body. I think the market will be flooded with D2H's, D70s, and D100s.
I put down a deposit for one at my local store. I'm number 3 on their list. I appears (on paper) to be the camera that I was hoping for when the D2Hs was announced. It should serve as a better backup to my D2X than my D2H for my event work.
For those who are on a list, did you have to put down a deposit?
First in line at my local retailer. (I like to buy local)
I pre-ordered the D100 when it came out and see no reason not to do the same for the D200... figure that I'll have 5,000 shutter activations before all you "I'll wait until the bugs are worked out" folk get your hands on one.
I'm in active discussions with my wife about this. If I can win her over then heck yeah I'm calling up Berger Bros. and getting in line.
We have a 42" plasma HDTV currently on back order. I think we might be able to put that order on hold for a few months and get the D200 instead. It might not work, but I think my wife might just buy into that.