Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D300 Auto Bracketing Limitations and Work-arounds

CA
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
2010 Registered since 17th Feb 2008
Sun 17-Feb-08 07:33 AM

Hi this is my first post. I do hope it will be a successful one too.

I commercially shoot HDR panos. If any of you have done this than you know a composite can easily be made of 60 images plus.

In a commercial environment being efficient is key. I was using the D200 with its 3F 2.0 setting. HDR works better with a 2 stop difference compared to only a 1 or even less. As far as I understand the NEW and improved D300 lacks a suitable range of auto bracketing... ie only up to 1 stop increments.... What is the point ?

I am hoping if their is a work around this - a custom user setting or even a firmware upgrade that will restore my beloved 3F 2.0.

Sure you can say - just bracket manually than... In an environment where registration is crucial one wants to limit the amount of time they have to adjust camera settings. Perhaps if I was just shooting a simple landscape - but I can easily shoot 300 - 1000 images a day... That is alot of extra time added having to adjust your camera.

For my purposes the D300 - albeit - better image quality - has a poorer workflow.... UNLESS anyone knows of a solution.

PLEASE help me!
Cheers

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D300 Auto Bracketing Limitations and Work-arounds

G