Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

PANIC? D300 out of box won't AF at all

Yzerguy

CA
51 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Yzerguy Registered since 06th Jan 2007
Fri 30-Nov-07 04:33 AM

Trying not to panic here. Just unboxed my D300 tonight. Put in a fully charged battery (have two for my D200), attached the 12-24, inserted CF card, formatted CF card, set language, time zone yadah.

Fire it up and... it won't focus. It hunts up and down the scale (infinity to close, back to infinity) then stops, no focus. Remounted the lens, power cycled. Same problem. Tried AF-S, AF-C, all three AF modes, same problem. Put the 18-200 on the camera. Same problem.

Put both lenses on my D200, no problems, AF works fine.

I thought I saw something about this on the forums when the US cams were received, can't find anything by browsing back as far as the forums go, and also searched. There are large gaps in the post dates, likely from the Nikonians server issues earlier in the week.

Hoping that the battery just needs to sit in there for awhile and that I don't have a major issue here. I'm hitting the road for a week and won't have time to trouble shoot this, I'm still packing and getting up in about 7 hours to fly east. ARG!!!

Any ideas???

All and any help apprciated.

Sean

Any and all feedback MUCH appreciated.

---
Slowly easing my way into this... need a money tree and a time machine.

---
Slowly easing my way into this... need a money tree and a time machine

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: PANIC? D300 out of box won't AF at all
Reply message Another solution

G