Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
abw1931

Albany, US
31 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
abw1931 Registered since 07th May 2003
Thu 29-Nov-07 11:42 PM

abw_retired
I made a post a couple of days ago about a D200 lock up when using it with an f2.8 300mm AFs lens while shooting a burst of 4 or 5 action shots of football players coming right at me. Only does it in that situation. Doesn't do it shooting at parallel action at other angles. I get an error message on the LCD that is an R with a number. Can anyone help me with a diagnosis for the cause? Lens is a new purchase but have used identical rental lenses in the past with no such problems. Shooting in fine jpg mode. Is it a cache problem possibly? Have tried using all the different focus limiting settings on the lens but it does it with all of them. Would appreciate any suggestions as to the cause of this behaviour.

When I made a similar post a couple of days ago it was on the site for a couple of hours and then disappeared and I couldn't access the site for a while. Was there a problem? - abw1931

abw_retired

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G