Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

f2.8 300 mm AFs Nikkor lens behaviour on D200

abw1931

Albany, US
31 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
abw1931 Registered since 07th May 2003
Tue 27-Nov-07 07:58 PM

abw_retired
Am experiencing a lock up with an R and a number symbol displayed on LCD when shooting at action coming straight toward me (end sweep at a football game) when subjects are about 40 to 50 ft away. This is when shooting in a 4 or 5 shot burst. Lens is new to me although I have rented identical ones in the past and not experienced this problem. Tried different focus range settings on lens and it still does it at all of them. Light at football game was not very good and was shooting at fairly high ISO but had no problems with other types of shots. Can take shots of other angles on field with no such problems. Lens is a 300mm AFs Nikkor. Could it be something to do with the cache level? What is frustrating is that I have rented this lens in the past and not experienced this behaviour. Any suggestions about the cause would be welcomed.
abw1931

abw_retired

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G