Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Missed the Pre Order Boat?

Z06lust

81 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Z06lust Registered since 24th Nov 2006
Thu 22-Nov-07 01:23 AM

don't fret--read the various posts showing up of 'finds'--I'm one of those guys who sat on the fence--stay with the D200 or upgrade and when. I'm taking a major (read expensive) month long trip to the Med next spring--heavily aimed towards Greek and Roman ruins-- I want the 'best dang photos' I can muster--as it is my D200 is better then I am, but I have 5 months to continue learning and improving...anyway..

On a lark today--after reading all the early reviews--especially the high ISO and low noise (flash will NOT be an option for many places I'm going-old churches etc)...I took a late lunch today and went shopping around town (Sacramento Calif). Within 45 min, at my second stop I tested a D300 (kit version out of the box on display) and then minutes later bought a perfectly new-never touched, never opened- D300. I went from making the decision to find and buy a D300 to owning one and having it in my hands in 45 minutes.

So don't fret--yeah the big boys are on back order--but lots of shops -mom and pop old time Nikon shops are still around--grab the phone book and call. Even places like Ritz in the malls have them--Ritz mail order and Ritz mall stores are run as two different companies and each got different allotments. Seek and ye shall find.

Good luck!

G