Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D200 10-pin connector - how many daisy chained devices?

zooloo

Chicago, US
46 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zooloo Registered since 06th Nov 2004
Fri 26-Oct-07 04:36 AM

Hi folks,

I'm considering some of the smaller GPS units such as the Geopic or another DIY setup for my D200.

It got me thinking about the 10-pin connector in general, and whether it was worth it to have one of the above GPS units customized with a 10-pin socket (e.g. MC-21) to attach other accessories, or just a 2.5mm jack.

For example, I have a 10-pin shutter release (3rd party off EBay) and could daisy chain this. Or I could instead use a different shutter release that fits into a 2.5mm jack and stay with a more compact setup, as my remote shutter release use cases are not very frequent.

Would I miss anything by having my 10-pin connector continuously taken up with some accessory such as a GPS and no capability to attach another 10-pin accessory?

Does anyone really daisy-chain the 10-pin connector to more than 2 devices (accessory plus shutter release)? It would seem that if one accessory uses transmit/receive/power pins, the only other *useful* pins would be for shutter release, and it wouldn't be practical to do anything more.

TIA
--
VK

G